Monday, October 6, 2014

Was It Something I Said?

The man on the radio yesterday told me that we're losing fewer people to war today than ever. There aren't as many folks killing other folks in general. Our perception that war is everywhere and that murder is rampant has to do with our sources of information. In other words, it seems that war is everywhere and that crime is overwhelming us because we see it on the news all the time.

I don't know about you but I'm still hoping for more for mankind. I want to end poverty and cure cancer. I'm looking for equality between the races and genders. I want the homeless taken in and that includes the homeless animals. I may as well wish for the planet to be taken care of while I'm wishing. 

When I was a kid I would sit for hours with the Sears & Roebuck catalog. I would go through it page by page. I'd select one item on every page for every cousin, aunt and uncle. Grandma would be allotted one thing and there would be one for my mom. In the lingerie section I would skip things for the boys but I didn't spend any less time there. My commune existed in my head. It was all love and peace.

Now, I'm an old man. I want to buy the world a Coke. Well, a healthy juice.

Maybe we are inching along. I hope so. We're all in it together. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment