Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pink Pegged Pants

Maybe it was easy to be Little Richard when there had never been Little Richard. I suppose you might say the same thing about Fats Domino or Bo Diddley. Oh, sure, those guys borrowed from other acts that they saw and heard over the years. Most of us had never seen anything like it, though. Once we all washed our greasy hair and combed it down over our foreheads it was the beginning of the end, I guess.

Next thing you know, every guitar player has to smash his perfectly good guitar, every punk has to have holes in his tight, black jeans and every cowboy has to have a hat.

Me? I've never been jealous of talent or envious of success. I've always longed for the passion and the soul to do it my way. Oh, yeah, they've all influenced me. I'm Ronny Elliott, though. That's what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment