Sunday, May 13, 2012

Maybe This Explains It All

This was my first blog, just over two years ago. I never planned any of this. I was reading some smutty thing and a screen popped up and asked, "Why not start your own blog?" Well, okay. I lost my mom right after that and of course she's on my mind with Mothers' Day here. I love her and miss her every day. All I ever wanted was love. All I ever had was rock'n'roll.

"My mother took me to see Big Joe Turner. If there's a satan in hell, he's sure gonna burn her for taking me down that road to rock'n'roll. She let me stay out all night long to hear Little Willie John sing his song. Thank God for mothers with no better sense than mine."

True. Every word. I can't believe that this little 89 year old woman turned me on to Roy Brown, Wynonie Harris, Benny Joy and Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

I'm heating up the oven now to warm up a frozen pizza to take over so that we can spend some time together on this Mother's Day. I must be the luckiest man alive. I love you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment