Thursday, July 31, 2014

If It Muddles Like A Duck

Yeah, that's Maxine. That's my mom. I suppose that I got more than just temperament and an appreciation for the rock'n'roll from her.

Maxine was a romantic all the way through. She was named for an American actress, Maxine Elliott, who was known as much for her stunning beauty as she was her dramatic skills.

I'm left with no choice but to wonder if she married my father in order to get her last name. Sounds crazy. You remember where the nut falls, right? They divorced before I was born.

She had a tremendous flair and a beautiful soul. She had more love in her than anyone I've ever known. She also had a capacity for the blues that ran deep in her heart. She really was a touch too fragile for her time. Or any time. She surely loved hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment