Thursday, March 7, 2019

To A Higher Or A Lower Standard







Everybody needs somebody to watch over them. Some of us rely on angels. Angels, like ghosts, I suppose, exist when you believe in them. Everyone needs a raison d'ĂȘtre, too- a reason to exist, to live.

As a tongue-tied, socially awkward, rambling, would-be Lothario, I have struggled to express my intentions. In a more perfect society, I would not have been allowed, by law, to flirt. Date. Dance. Certainly not marry. I have witnesses for you, character references. 

Poets may offer to tear out their hearts. Throw themselves over cliffs. My offers ring just a little too true. Heck, I scare me

Of course, I'm harmless but a few miles makes all that a little more clear and a guardian angel's work doesn't rely on geography. It's all done with wires. Smoke and mirrors. Love.




                                     







No comments:

Post a Comment