Saturday, March 23, 2019

Buy Me Something!






What do you do when you run out of stuff to want? Oh, sure, there's world peace and immortality and magic powers, but on the practical side, I've run out of things that I covet. I browse through eBay randomly, looking for an item to spark that familiar fire. The last few purchases I made were rocks. Yeah, that's right. Rocks.

Last week I bought a guitar online. I knew before it arrived that I didn't care about it, didn't need it. I've only owned one guitar, ever, that really meant anything to me. Getting rid of it was the best part of owning it.

My hot rods were the center of my life for awhile. Boy, do I wish I had them back! Yeah, I could sell them again.

Then, of course, I would have money. Well, that's the most boring of any of it- unless, that is, you use it for key lime pie or jalapeƱo M'n'M's. 

Do you suppose that my lack of ambition is the result of my material fulfillment or just pure d- laziness?










1 comment:

  1. Buy something for somebody else. Even if you don't want to!

    ReplyDelete