Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Songs

You've come to expect me to be cranky, haven't you? Admit it. I know it. I've got to say, though, that I've just been putting together playlists for Christmas and I'm all worked up. Unlike the true grinches who complain about the mall being decorated before thanksgiving, I'm ready to roll. Every old favorite brings a grand memory. Oh, I'm happy enough when Nat 'King' Cole croons The Christmas Song but I have to be physically restrained when The Drifters launch White Christmas. I need to be put to bed by the time Huey 'Piano' Smith and the Clowns roll out Silent Night.

I've got better memories than anyone deserves. I miss everyone that I've ever spent Christmas with and I look forward to this one most of all. I don't want to hear any of that stuff about the true meaning of Christmas. I surely know the true meaning. It's all about peace and love. They didn't call that kid the Prince of Peace for nothing, you know.

Don't worry. This isn't premature. I'll be back. I'm just getting an early start.

Love,
Ronny

No comments:

Post a Comment