Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Rock By Any Other Name

I suppose that I was always something of an Elvis snob. Oh, I was always glad that the multitudes worshipped at the right altar. It's just that I thought of myself as one of the ones who got onboard on time. You know, that special bunch who knew before Ed Sullivan. The ones who treasured the 45's before the first LP. It wasn't until I saw some of that early footage that I realized that he was already the first "Elvis impersonator" by the time that I saw him. Awareness that you're separate from the rest of the race changes everything, I guess.

Sometimes I wonder how it must feel to be old Bob Dylan.



1 comment:

  1. YES! And YOU are the first Ronny Elliott impersonator. I knew that the first time I saw you perform. Long before the teeming multitudes who follow your every move.
    (signed) a fan

    ReplyDelete