Monday, April 2, 2012

Letter From Home

One of the first 45's that I can remember my mom bringing me home was Wynonie Harris' "Letter From Home" on King. I wore the grooves off of that little record. Had no idea what was going on, I just loved the song. 

I may finally be mature enough to figure some of these things out. I know my mom didn't mean to bring me a record with a man singing about his girlfriend having another man's baby. If someone had explained some of this to me it's possible, not likely but possible, that I might have fared better in my romantic endeavors. Oh well.

I never saw Wynonie and I will always regret it. He made some of my favorite records and the joy in his singing is magnificent. I guess the women loved him. That's why you play music.


No comments:

Post a Comment