Friday, August 5, 2011

Ain't no haint gonna run me off!

Ghosts share my house. Some of them are real. Mr. Hill, who had the home designed and built for his family in 1938 still wanders around. He seems friendly enough but, I have to say, I've never really spent any time around many spooks. Not that I've known about.

Then there are the memories. Those are just getting harder to shake. I'm needing a fresh supply of happy ones.

It's been about eighteen years now. I've never lived in one place for so long. Oh yeah, it's home in that I can walk around in the dark and not stumble over furniture. I've got a dog here, though, needing a fresh load of joy and fun. I've got a cat who wants everything happy again. Remember that? Jamaica and Angel deserve all the fun and all the love and all the peace in the world. That's my job.


I'm thinking about selling the house and making us a real home again. This one can be a wonderful place for another bunch. There's a loving spirit here and I think maybe he's ready for the fun and the joy again, too.

1 comment:

  1. I just cannot get over these posts of yours. I'm really hoping that you will not have to sell your home to make it happy again. Your precious animals have a job as well... they're your buddies and your pals.

    And so are we.

    ReplyDelete