Monday, July 25, 2011

Dunk Tank

Hey, you voices! Get out of the the head of Ronny Elliott. Five rum and cokes; or is it five rums and coke? I'm ready to roll. I have waited for inspiration all day. Inspiration to save the world, write my blog, chew my cud, compose a melody with a blinding beauty that might change the course of the cosmos, melt a milky way or two.

I've got the blues in a measure that I always doubted white folks the capacity. I open my heart totally with love and truth and all that I've got. I seem to find sadness, distrust, melancholy and despair.

I only want to hold open the doors. The doors of truth and love and beauty. I have a light that shines for me and I want to shine it for everyone; for the poor, the incarcerated, the disenfranchised, the lonely, the troubled.

I love all of you and I will gladly share my fortune with you. Let's work for peace and let's search for truth and let's dance naked around the campfire. Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you had a blog. I missed your stuff that showed up on your MySpace account!

    You just have a way with words. It's as simple as that. I'm glad you're in Mike's and my lives. We treasure you.

    Love and Hugs,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete