Monday, July 18, 2011

Dazzle 'Em With Truth

Just home from the Woody Guthrie Festival in Okemah, Oklahoma. I lost my head early on in my set. Showed them my special underwear and then boasted that I was going to spend the rest of my days saving the world. I'm all talk and I know it. I'm not gonna drink anybody under any table.

In this case, though, I really have nothing better to do. My first aptitude tests in the seventh or eighth grade indicated that I was cut out to be a preacher. I like the hours but I never thought that I had anything worthwhile to preach. It's not that I don't believe in any of those good guys. I believe in them all. I love them all. Do good. Be nice. Tell the truth.

I have made friends and I seem to have made enemies but I believe that I have pretty much told the truth. Makes some folks mad. Makes some suspicious. It will cause a lot of people to think that you think you're better than they are.

I figure that it's a slow process and that at my skill level I may not get a whole lot done in whatever time that I have. I think that it's honorable work and I plan to have fun doing it. Help me save the world. Search for truth. Stand up for peace. Love with all your heart. Show them your underwear.

1 comment:

  1. Ronny, I have to admit you did dazzle us with your underwear. You sure know how to get the crowd to their feet fast. I couldn't believe you actually did it...If you keep that up you just may save the world!

    ReplyDelete