Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Don't Let Your Coffee Get Cold








It's hard to take any of it seriously, isn't it? Grownups with nuclear weapons waving their holy books, threatening annihilation of civilisations. If one of these lunatics drops the big one and ends it all, so be it. There really is nothing that I can do about any of it.

None of my worrying, and I've done plenty, has ever prevented anything.

Now, of course, worry and dread and fear don't always get permission before moving in. I just remind myself of my good luck, think about the life I've had, and celebrate the fact that I have my own hair and teeth.

The fact that I'm here in Dorset with Kate and Vera and that they put up with me is one fine dream, and if it is a dream, it's a doozie. I wish this kind of paradise for everyone.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment