Saturday, November 11, 2023

Some Days




Oh, give me a home where the punks don't have guns and the skies are quite cloudy all day. Drivers wait courteously for oncoming traffic on narrow lanes where two cars can't pass. Road rage consists of a roll of the eyes and a muttered, "Blimey!"

Politics on television is, nearly as I can tell, what every Monty Python skit is based on. You just don't see any lavender turbans in the halls of congress.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not intentionally denigrating American culture. It's just that the sense that I've had over the last few decades that kindness and civility were disappearing seems to be well-founded.

Homesick? Ever? Well, I miss my friends and what family I have left, but Katie and Vera determine home. We share a snood. Can you believe it?






 

No comments:

Post a Comment