Saturday, July 30, 2022

Quicksand






When I ponder the time that I've spent worrying about perishing in quicksand, I'm reminded that all my fretting has been a waste of my time. Turns out, quicksand can't kill you. Oh, sure, crows can peck your eyes out while you're mired in goo, but eventually you'll bob to the top, with or without eyes.

Actually, there is really no such thing as quicksand. Any colloidal mix of water and sand or clay in the right, or should I say wrong, proportions will cause the sensation that we all know from Tarzan movies.

Enough about quicksand. My message here, if in fact I have a message here, is that all our worrying is a waste of time. Look both ways before you cross the street and get on with life.

If you feel like you need a "safe word," you probably just need a new partner.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment