Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Wolf!






If you're tired of hearing me tell you that I've reached the mountaintop, well, sir, I don't blame you. I hesitate to use the high falutin' terms seeker, pilgrim, crusader. I've never known what I was looking for but I've always believed it was out there. I've known that it was out there. 

Lord knows the clues are there. Movies, songs, books and oh, yeah- voices. My mom knew and she gave me grand hints. Lottie personified all of it. I've learned more from the dogs and cats than from most of my schooling but I don't want to short shrift my wonderful teachers, either. 

Now, without warning, it all arrives on the shores. She came to visit for two weeks and the earth shifted. I could easier give up oxygen, water, tofu than live without her presence. I'm off to the United Kingdom for as long as they'll have me. 

Believe me when I tell you that I have a big, big heart and it's full. I'm deliriously happy and yes, I know just how lucky I am. She personifies the truth and beauty that I had come to believe was just movie stuff. I hope every one of you knows this joy in your life.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment