Saturday, August 22, 2020

No Glory Days

 



So Mahatma drank urine and slept with nubile, young women. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, here. I didn't sleep with nubile young women when I was young! I certainly never touch the urine. Lips that touch urine will never touch mine.

Oh, I don't mean to judge. Gandhi remains at the tippy top of my list of heroes. It's a long list. It gets longer.

My problem, if I have a problem, is that I don't have glory days. I never sold many records, never made any money. I don't remember ever winning a trophy, and I'm pretty sure that I would be bragging shamelessly about it now if I had. 

I'll tell you this, boys- I've heard the prettiest music and laughed with the sweetest folks and held the best dogs in the world. I'm old but I'm not done. Keep an eye on me.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.



No comments:

Post a Comment