Sunday, August 9, 2020

On Insignificance

 

As the road winds down, the world seems smaller. The universe seems grander. Love seems to be the only thing worthy of our attention. Once I saw my role from the perspective of the center of the universe. Even now, as I look around me, all that I can see radiates in concentric circles from any place that I stand.

The realization that I am merely a bubble in a vast foaming sea is somehow frightening and reassuring at the same time. I'm a small part of a ripple in a wave of a tide of humanity and humanity is a speck in one of the galaxies that we recognize but surely don't understand.

Don't fret that I'm feeling sorry for myself. I just know my place. There are no hotshots and there aren't many saints. Before I hurt your feelings, let me say, right here, that I think you're perfect. Oh, I am, too.

Love and nature shaped my first few years. Hormones ran the show for decades. I'm hoping that kindness and love can see me out.



                                       




No comments:

Post a Comment