Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Boots and Sandspurs







Seekers search for truth. Imagine the arrogance of someone who thinks he may find it. Yeah, I know. I used the masculine pronoun for the seeker. I tend to associate arrogance with men.

Occasionally, truth seems to open itself to my scrutiny. It all seems so very obvious when it does. Like the proverbial dog who catches the car tire, I never know what to do with it.

When I was four or five, I would take the little thermometers off the cardboard desk calendars and bust them on the floor. Then I would entertain myself trying to pick up the little balls of mercury. Sometimes I would manage to hold onto one between my fingers. Not having any plan for what to do with the magical substance, I would ultimately put it in my mouth.

You can call me a seeker. A mercury eater. I hope you won't refer to me as arrogant. That hurts my feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment