Saturday, February 23, 2019

Well Shook






Everything I do, I seem to do better by myself. Oh, I'm not bragging. I'm not even happy about it. I'm an only child. Never met my dad and mom worked. Didn't go to kindergarten. Never fit in and never knew it.

Legally blind hindered sports attempts, but let's face it, how much would you have expected of me at 20/20? Rock'n'roll came along and saved me once. Over the decades bands broke up. Seemed like the end of the world every single time. I've never been able to do it the right way, anyway. Not for money. Success. Airplay.

Romance? Well, sir, I'm Kareem Abdul-Jabar or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart before I'm Casanova. Finally, I realize that I'm better off by myself at that endeavor. Every break-up always seemed like the end of the world, too.

I'm not complaining. I'll sit at the counter to keep from asking for a table for one.

Drive safely and take care of my heart.



                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment