Saturday, September 7, 2024

Nothing Left To Dream





It's a bit greyer than I imagined. Calls have dropped off and the e-mail has dwindled to next-to-nothing. I bid on trinkets on eBay, hoping that someone else will grab them. Somehow, I always imagined that there would be something that I needed. You know, that one car. That one of a kind guitar; that once in a lifetime girl.

I don't mean to brag...well, maybe I do- I have succeeded. I have it all. 

Oh, sure, I dream of world peace and I worry about the stray dogs. I'm aware of every school shooting and I cry for the lonely. I just lost another friend this week who just wasn't strong enough to survive the hard part. For the first time, though, I'm almost able to celebrate what she was on the good days. Few of my favourites were designed for this world, these times.

There's an end to every story. It's way too late for mine to be a short story, even though short stories have always been my favourite. I suppose my last worry was that I had used up all my good luck. Of course it just kept coming. 

By the way, I got the once in a lifetime girl. She came with the one of a kind guitar and the best would-be stray. I told you I have it all.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.






 

2 comments:

  1. It’s about time! 😀Keep that spirit sailing with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U R a very fortunate fellow!

    ReplyDelete