Friday, August 23, 2024

Copy The Good Ones





Do you have childhood heroes? Of course you do. Pretty sure we all do. I probably have more than my share. I never dropped one for the next one. I just kept adding to my list.

Why not copy all the best parts of each of them. In my world Gene Vincent had Elvis and Jayne Mansfield had Marilyn. Muhammad Ali had Gorgeous George and James Dean had Marlon.

Think of the kindest teacher you ever had, the most patient boss, the most honest public figure before that became an oxymoron. Who was the sweetest person in your high school class? 

What would happen if you mixed all of the best traits of all the folks who inspired you and smeared it all over you. If you act nice all the time, you're nice. Can you believe it? Try spending some time patiently with a lonely neighbor like you can remember your mom doing. Voila!

Is this the most simplistic, naive suggestion that you ever ran across? Yeah, probably. I can't remember where I got it.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment