Friday, August 11, 2023

Peepin' and Hidin'





Can't go over it, gotta go 'round it. Life comes but once, at least in my belief system. Today. Eat the good stuff and read the good stuff and listen to the good stuff. Pet every dog. If he bites you, you will have learned not to listen to the likes of me. 

Every morsel is a feast with the right table setting. I've dyed all our napkins fuchsia and the whole world got better. I haven't solved any climate change problem or ended any war, but I feel like I've done my little part. 

I've forgotten most of everything I ever learned except Elvis' army serial number, my phone number from 1962 and the ending for my nightly prayer. Oh, it's no big deal and it hardly qualifies as dementia. I just never learned much. A great deal of it is not really forgotten so much as I've just changed my mind.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment