Saturday, September 12, 2020

Love In The Ether

 



It occurs to me that I broadcast on a very limited frequency. Oh, my signal is loud. In fact, it can be annoying. It's not easy to tune me in though. 

Now, one thing I know is that a message preached to an audience that doesn't want it is breath wasted.

That sentence reads so smug. Good. Maybe I can let it serve as an example of what I'm trying to say. I have never felt like I know something that you don't. I've never thought of myself as the smartest person in the room. I've never cared.

What I offer you is what has been in front of you all your life. They told me in Sunday school and they told me in the first grade. I was lucky enough to have a family that showed me by example. Just allow love to be your default setting.

That's what all the major religions are based on before they get hijacked. That's what meditation is about. Maybe you're not as fortunate as I've been to have such examples everywhere at every turn. Rescue a dog. Mentor a kid.

Love and truth.

I'm an acquired taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment