Saturday, December 14, 2019

Whatta' ya Mean, We, Kemosabe?





Greta Thunberg's arrival on the world's stage staves off the sadness that consumes so much of my consciousness. I struggle with the images that I have seen of the starving polar bear. It is the thought of the ones who will never be born that does me in.

We all do what we can, I suppose. Thankfully, a few like Greta come along when it seems like the game isn't just rigged, it's over.

The Franklin Grahams and the Pat Robertsons of the world have done more than diminish a beautiful tradition for me and many others. That surely doesn't mean that I don't find some measure of joy and hope when the season rolls around to celebrate the birthday of the Prince of Peace.

You don't need a religion to know that the kingdom of God belongs to the children.






No comments:

Post a Comment