Sunday, December 15, 2019

New Kid In Town






You spend years working on your act. For the most part, you're not even aware that you're doing it. I wanted to be a hoodlum but I didn't want to be mean or inconsiderate. I wanted to save the world but I don't have much ambition.

Rock'n'roll was my calling. Every now and then I was fashionable, based on that old saw about a broken clock being right twice a day.

Occasionally I have told folks that I wanted to be rich. Famous. Honestly, I never cared much about either one. I have always wanted to be happy. Sometimes I am.

Before you know it you're old as dirt and you are who you were always gonna be. The life omelette is done. Me? I'm something of a shy bon vivant. An introverted show off. A heathen preacher.




No comments:

Post a Comment