Sunday, September 10, 2023

What Ever Became of Bebop?




Whatever have I done to deserve this? In all my dreams as a kid, everybody got all the things that I had. Every seagull got his share of bread crumbs and every stray in the pound went home with a loving kid.

Oh, I worry about this old world and I'm well aware of how little I've done to make it any better. It occurred to me a long time ago that I wasn't going to improve the lot of the planet with government work or demonstrating in the street. Now, I've done some of both and I have great respect for the folks who have chosen those paths. Ms. Thunberg is the hero of a generation.

War and climate change and hunger and hate haunt us all. If you miss the magic, however, fretting about the tragedy, you've missed it all.

Do what you can. Love hard, play fair and share what you have. Stand up for the ones who can't and speak for those without voices. Enjoy the whole trip, though, while you're at it. It's beautiful.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.




 

1 comment: