Saturday, April 4, 2020

Look It Up






The few folks that I pass on these morning walks are out for exercise. Fresh air. I'm out for memories. Most of them are bittersweet- full of love, reminders of loss. Sometimes I'm sure that love lasts forever. Other times, even my memories have a gossamer quality.

Every other step or two still reminds me of her. It's been two years now. I talk to her every day. I don't even try to tell myself that she hears me. I do it for me.

Just before I got home today, a gardenia bush intruded my space from over a block wall. The glorious fragrance stays with me now reminding me of tales of Lottie. Oh, my- she loved her gardenia bush.

Look up romantic, noun. Now, google fool, noun. A fine line, no?

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.




No comments:

Post a Comment