Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Work To Do

Sometimes I'll glance at my watch during a show and realize that I've got so much more to share with the folks but it's almost closing time. Life's feeling like that now. Romance? Done. I probably should have skipped that one and shot pool instead. I can introduce you to women who will back me up on that one.

Somehow, though, I feel like I'm only beginning to figure out who I am and what I do. I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to feel like this sometime around your twenty first or twenty second birthday.

Songs are pouring out of me. I can feel that they need to be played. We're getting ready to celebrate my 50 year anniversary in rock'n'roll at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa. It seems like I can't turn on the radio in the car or step into an elevator without hearing, I'm so tired of feeling lonely. I still have some love to give.

Of course I don't pretend to know what was going on in Roy Orbison's life when he sang that line. I can tell you, however, that it was no throwaway line stuck in there for the sake of a rhyme.


No comments:

Post a Comment