Thursday, June 12, 2014

Rock'n'Roll Has Been Very, Very Good To Me

Oh, you know, I've never made any money. I've told you before that I made more dough playing music as a kid than I ever have as a grownup. Let me say again, though, that I have never enjoyed my work as much as I do today. Rock'n'roll provides me a platform to preach my simple message of peace and love. No church would have me. I can't blame them. I'm aware that most of what I have to say is simplistic and a bit shopworn. I'm not a man of grand delusions and I'm not a particularly eloquent soul. I do mean everything that I say, though, and I'm as honest as I can be at any given moment.

The truth is within you and that's where the peace is. Don't take anything for granted. Folks will lie to you to get what they think they need and that includes your government and your church. There are no good wars and there's nothing that can't be fixed with love. If somebody tells you that's naive they're overthinking it.

Be mindful of the other fellow's struggles and help when you can. This is paradise. Enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment