Friday, June 20, 2014

Nobody's Victim

Nobody wants to be someone else's bad memory, I suppose. Yeah, she always had a smile on her face and I guess I usually do, too. Maybe that's where I got it. She was way too sensitive, though, and I guess I got that, too. If she felt betrayed she was broken hearted. Boy, could she forgive, though. And love, oh my! I never thought much about how often I heard her say, "I love you," to people all around her until someone mentioned it at her little memorial service.

Sometimes I worry that Jamaica and Angel get sick of hearing me tell them that I love them. I don't worry about it so much that I'm gonna cut down on it. I couldn't if I tried.

Audiences. Yeah, I've embarrassed more than a few of them by gushing about my feelings for them. I have figured out that it's physics and biology and love. That's it. That's all there is.

War and greed and jealousy and hate are merely aberrations in the human condition. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment