Monday, August 19, 2013

Lifelike

Quoting myself again, "I don't make good records and I don't make bad records. I make Ronny Elliott records." Oh sure, I wear shiny, tacky clothes onstage sometimes. It's not because I think I'm in showbiz or something. I wear shiny, tacky clothes whenever I get a chance. Don't invite me to the funeral. Every now and then I can make myself put on a dark suit. I can't promise anything.

When I overhear attorneys or bankers sharing work stories over cocktails I thank my lucky stars that I've been lucky enough to live this life. Success? Well, I've never made any money to speak of and I've never sold many records. Little Richard is Little Richard. That's his job. That's what he does. The weekend rolls around or it's Presidents' Day, he's still Little Richard. He's rich and he's famous. We don't argue about whether or not he's made it. Ask your mom. She knows who Little Richard is. We've seen pictures of him with the Beatles. Elvis sang his songs.

Well, I'm Ronny Elliott and that's my job. I guess I'm about the luckiest guy who ever lived. I love you all very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment