Monday, August 26, 2013

Can I Have Your Stuff?

Good thing I'm not a salesman. I woulda' starved. Wait a minute, I am starving. I don't have any mechanical aptitude. None. I worked on cars, as a hobby, for years. They never ran. I thought I was having fun. Once I worked as a bureaucrat for ten years, saving the environment. It took me that long to figure out that the government was not going to save anything. They had to unfund my position. Dang!

Of course I would love to be an artist. Paint my masterpiece. Every time I take an art class the instructor always loves my stuff. I think it fascinates them. None of them have ever asked for a piece. I'm really bad at it. I have a great attitude, however.

Good fortune is mine. I do what I do. Writers from other places refer to me as a cult artist. That's a very polite way of saying that only a handful of people care. Maybe someday I'll be a big cult artist. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment