Saturday, August 24, 2013

Are You A Boy?

Sometime in 1956 I listened to an interview with Elvis on a little flexible disc. He said that he had grown sideburns when he was sixteen or seventeen because all of the truck drivers that he admired had them. Well, I couldn't grow sideburns at nine so I had to wait.

Seems that all of the Beatles sported some version of an Elvis hairdo 'til Brian Epstein convinced them to wash their hair and comb it down. I was there, I was there.

I had planned to go on and on about rock'n'roll and hairdos but I don't have the attention span to  do that and get to my point here: peace. I don't mean to bore you here but if I must, I will. I know that I babbled about this same stuff yesterday but, let's face it, it's more important than Chris Christie's standings in the opinion polls.

I encourage you, all of you, to print your own currency. We'll all sell these peace bonds for kisses. After all, love is all you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment