Friday, August 10, 2012

Work and Happiness

How many times have you read about the man who finally retires and can finally fish and golf to his heart's content. In the stories he always kicks the bucket a month or two into the newfound paradise.

Well, I don't fish and I wouldn't wear those pants. It doesn't take much to convince me, however, that if I'm not working on something I'm right up next to the blues. Luckily, I'm the boss and I can keep myself busy. The flip side of that coin is that I'm lazy and I'm easily distracted. Show me apes dancing on TV and you've lost me until the music ends.

My job is to save the world. Well, to be truthful, that's everybody's job. I'm just lucky enough to recognize the fact. I do my tiny little part with rock'n'roll. That's who I am. That's what I do.

I'm working on a play and I'm working on a novel. I'm getting ready to start a new record with my pal, Rebekah Pulley, too. I've managed to figure this part out- I don't go to work; I am the work.

Go out and love with all your heart. Everything will take care of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment