Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Mighty Big Shoulders






One of the privileges of growing old is noticing the shrinking distance between waves. Today, with a heavy heart, I detect the end of another dark age in our history. Something changed this weekend. Unfortunately, we pay a price in lives and innocence.

My beloved rock'n'roll served a lot of purposes. I suppose we all tend to regard our memories from a personal, selfish point of view. That beautiful music is the soundtrack to my past. First love, friends, loss, success, failure and every combination.

On a broader canvas, it blared through a civil rights rebellion. A sexual revolution. A peace movement. Assassinations. Watergate. Woodstock. A space race, hula hoops and the topless bathing suit.

Maybe I'll just hum Da Doo Ron Ron while love takes over and peace runs amok.







No comments:

Post a Comment