Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Old Time Fraud







The Black Bush is too dear to mix with Coke, but I like it, and there's no one here to shame me. You could say that I'm set in my ways or you might refer to me as stubborn. I'll answer to either of those. It's beautiful out on the front porch. I inhale pollen by the bushel while I sip my Coleraine concoction and chat with the lizards. I suppose I got that from Grandma. She talked to every jaybird and tree frog that came around. Oh, I talk to Grandma, too.

You see, I do all the old man things, but then, I guess I always did. I've made a pretty good old man but I'm not really comfortable in the role. I feel like a phony. To be honest, I really never was very good at the young man role, either. When I tell you that I'm not like the others, I'm not boasting. I don't apologize, either.

Rock'n'roll tried to save me. I wouldn't be saved.

To live a life out of fashion is nothing to be proud of. Neither is ending a sentence with a preposition.



No comments:

Post a Comment