Monday, February 3, 2014

The Original

When I was a kid I thought it all came from Chuck Berry. Even when he insisted that he got it from Louis Jordan I refused to reconsider. Then, of course, once I was turned on to Louis Jordan I had to keep looking back. Have we all just ripped off Pythagoras for all these years? Is he the Father of Rock'n'Roll?

I can no longer conceive of any truly original art. Every influence, every exposure to material at any level seeps into the work. 

Maybe you should consider buying my stuff from CD Baby or directly from my site, www.ronnyelliott.com. Either that or find it somewhere online to download for free. What the heck.




1 comment:

  1. Ronny, Steve, Natty, Walt and Harry Probably my favorite band ever. Always special to hear them. Ronny also plays his stuff solo better than most. Still powerful even without the backing group

    ReplyDelete