Sunday, May 26, 2013

Only Child

My mom and my grandmother spoiled me so badly as a kid that it's some kind of miracle that anyone can bear to be around me today. I was always right. Always made all decisions. I was indulged in every way and given everything. Everything. We were poor but I didn't know it. Mom made sure that I never needed anything, never wanted anything, at least not for long.

Maybe the saving grace is that I was spoiled with love, too. Overwhelming amounts of unconditional love. When I succeeded I was celebrated and when I failed it was never my fault. Sometimes I lack the patience to accept that not everybody has been so fortunate. I have a huge debt to humanity. I owe lots and lots of love. Unconditional love. I have a karma debt and it's an honor to pay on it.

Now when I screw up there's nobody around to make my excuses. I was raised with rock'n'roll and I'll use it to pay my debts. Pray for peace, search for truth. Spread the love.


No comments:

Post a Comment