Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Don't Know Much Biology

"If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt so much." That's what my grandmother always told me and I suppose it's true. I've run out of excuses. I've got books and plays to finish, songs that collide in my head and places to go. I have a life to live and a heart that is overflowing.

I've read that only a fool has no regrets and that makes me feel a little bit dumb. Yeah, I would do pretty much all of it again. I'm looking for a clear head and an open heart and I'm hoping that the ecstasy will take care of itself.

For the time being, the tragedy and the sadness in Oklahoma reminds us all of the goodness in the heart of people. If there is any lesson here beyond strong hinges on the storm cellar door, it is love. Use it up if you think you can. Squander it on the living things around you. Don't finish up with a bunch of it that you think you've saved. It's like green stamps or ripe tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment