Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Rest

It's not what you've done, right? It's what you do with the rest of your life. Isn't that why we scramble to make new year's resolutions?

Too many sweet souls have invested too much love and care in me for me to let anything slide. I promise you that I'll never take any kind of performance for granted. I remember watching Billy Preston come running offstage after tearing a Tampa audience to pieces. He collapsed into the arms of his roadie and another guy wheeled a small oxygen tank over and put a mask on his face. After a few whiffs, they helped him onto his feet and shoved him back out onto the stage. He whirled and spun and brought joy to the Jai Alai fronton with "Will It Go 'Round In Circles?" So only a handful of us saw the real highlight of the show.

Love? Never seem to have gotten it right. I will, though. I will.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment