Sunday, January 27, 2019

Advice Sources







When those well-meaning fellows were writing the Bible, we didn't yet have t-shirts. At least not for the old testament. Now, I'm thinking that most of those guys had in mind providing some common sense for their fellow man. Oh, sure, some of them were probably out to make a buck, too, just like with t-shirts. Let's not leave out bumperstickers. Pop music, too, now that I think about it.

Now, if, you're like me, you take the advice that you need from wherever you find it. I tend to take what I need and ignore what doesn't fit. I don't kill and I don't steal. I don't covet my neighbor's house and I don't believe he has a male servant. I don't remember what the blurb says about his wife's ass, but I would be lying if I said that it didn't catch my eye from time to time.

I try not to lie and the great majority of my sinning, these days, takes place in my mind.

My first 10 commandments were written about fifty years ago. I finished off my second 10 a few years later. Pardon my hubris and take anything you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment