Sunday, December 9, 2018

Somewhere Between Luck and Science






Sometimes the beauty and the joy and the magic just overwhelm me. For some reason this holiday season really seems to have its hooks in me. The music sounds sweeter. The lights are way brighter than I remember and every TV ad brings tears. I haven't even seen the first Publix commercial yet.

We're talking the "good tears" here. Oh, I lost my Jamaica this year and the news came right before the holidays that she was sick. My grieving, though, has been mixed with beautiful memories and they have outlasted my broken heart. Sort of.

My temptation is to grab strangers on the street and tell them how much I love them. That hasn't worked all that well for me in the past.

I'm dying to play Christmas songs for you, on the radio and onstage. I know how many folks claim to hate that stuff. I don't suppose I've ever given it much thought. For this year, though, I love it all. My only dilemma is "Blue Christmas." Elvis or Porky?



                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment