Monday, March 12, 2018

Everybody Has A Price





All my life I've heard all the stories about artists trading their souls for some deal with the devil. Me? I gave mine to the angels a long, long time ago. There have been brief periods where folks hitched their wagon to my star, waiting for the big bucks. They all eventually came to the obvious conclusion. I've learned to accept payment in joy. Of course twenty percent of joy won't keep a manager in a Cadillac.

I've learned to measure success by alternative means. I've had to.

Most of my heroes squandered their fortunes on booze, gambling, drugs. Women! Maybe I'm a decent human being who paid attention in Sunday school. More likely I wasn't afforded the good opportunities.

Don't forget to be kind. Folks need you.




No comments:

Post a Comment