Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Change The Lock On Your Heart






My, my- what passes for progress in this world. Democracy, we'll miss you. Capitalism, maybe not so much. Federal and state parks? Adios. Higher education in the United States? Goodbye for the most part.

If it makes anybody feel better, war is more fashionable than ever. I can't bring myself to describe it as alive and kicking.

Here I've moaned and groaned about rock'n'roll expiring. I was too close to notice that it has been merely a symptom of the art business kidnapping art. Oh, there's fine art out there, great rock'n'roll. It's just that you'll have to find it on your own.

Old white guys are going down gripping green paper and any butt in the elevator with visions of petroleum and armaments in their cataract- clouded eyes. Good riddance, boys!

The ghosts of ten million African slaves and fifty million native Americans haunt the landscape.

What's next? Plastics had its day. I'm betting on love. Really.




1 comment:

  1. ...these "better lives" we live have been built on the bones of Geronimo, Crazy Horse and many others.

    ReplyDelete