Sunday, September 10, 2017

Waiting' and Hopin'






Sitting here waiting for a storm that is taking its sweet time gets me to thinking about the idea of staying safe. We're all just waiting to die, aren't we? I mean- I don't ski 'cause it's wet and cold and I can't afford to go. Sonny Bono's fate doesn't enter into it.

That knowledge of mortality, that's the drag. Evel Knievel would have been just another showoff trying to impress the girls without it. That's the only thing that keeps me off motorcycles altogether. I just wear the t-shirts. Same with surfing.

Somehow I suspect that Irma has folks in my little area thinking about the kinds of things that I do routinely. We're all crazy for the time being. I'm writing because I worry that I won't have access soon. Remember that I love you.




1 comment: