Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Fragrance and Arrogance






Being right always seemed so important. Not so much these days. I've lost more friends and heroes in the last year or two than I have in all my life before.

Oh, I'm not complaining. That wouldn't be fair.

The sweetest folks in the world have graced my life. Nobody ever wanted to believe in heaven more than I do. Some of my friends are my heroes and some of my heroes are my friends. It's always been that way. 

The concept of "rich" is alien to me. I've always had more than I needed and there were times when I had nothing. "Famous" is even more foreign as a notion. When writers describe me as a cult artist, I know what that means. To tell you the truth I'm just always happy that they don't use "failure." Probably more accurate but it doesn't flow as well.

Pretty sure that I'm supposed to be full of regrets at this stage. I just can't work it out. Oh, I should have been kinder and I surely could have been more generous.

Did I mention that I wish I believed in reincarnation? 

I probably wouldn't do much differently. I'd just like another couple of laps.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.



                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment