Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Mystic's Wine






The thirteen billion dollar aircraft carrier was the last straw for me. This is not a government that represents me, What are we protecting? If Alabama were a country, its rate of 8.7 infant deaths per 1,000 would place it slightly behind Lebanon in world rankings. 

Sad?

Beats Mississippi at 9.6, coming in somewhere between Botswana and Bahrain.

We think that there are about 1.56 million homeless people in the U.S. It's hard to be sure of the accuracy of any number of course. Just exactly where should we mail the census forms?

We think that there are over 10 million folks without health insurance in this country. To be sure, those people in Washington are thrilled that we don't really know. How many of our neighbors die due to lack of medical care every day in this country? How on earth would we ever know? Let's just say that the number would shock us all in the headlines of The New York Times or The Washington Post.

U.S.A! U.S.A!

We're #1! We're #1!

Just exactly who's gonna take it if we hadn't launched a new 13 billion dollar boat?

Now I've just randomly chosen a few obvious, easy targets to make a point. I could go on. And on. I won't. I don't have a kid in this fight. I'm worried about yours. My dog is old. I lose sleep fretting about the puppies and kittens going to the shelters. I worry and wring my hands over an earth that's almost done with me.

If I win 13 billion bucks in some lotto this week, I'm not building some boat to sink their boat. Even I have better sense.

How did we get here and how do we get out?

I don't know but I do know this- we do it with love.







2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ronnie I wish I had said this, but glad that you did ! Love you for it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you win 13 billion, we can save all the puppies and kittens and old dogs and cats with love.

    ReplyDelete