Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Testing- 1,2


It has taken me this long to become this person. Now I'm unable to tell whether I've achieved my goals, my aspirations or if I've merely run out of steam and decided to settle for this. Maybe it doesn't much matter.

My time with the ones I love, two legs and four, is my greatest treasure. Sharing my music with my good friends and sweet, kind audiences runs a strong second. I enjoy performing more than ever. That's saying a lot.

Giving in to leaving romance behind seemed to threaten my peace of mind for a bit. It finally dawned on me that failure in that field had made me miserable throughout most of my life, not to mention how miserable I managed to make others. I have my memories of the good parts. I would love to think that I left a few for someone else.

Unrequited love, now I'm good at that. It's probably more accurate to say that I've got a fine imagination. Here's to the ones who knew better. I toast the ones who managed to fend me off while dazzling me with their kindness.

Pray for peace. Search for truth. Settle for love.


    

1 comment: