Monday, December 28, 2015

Softer Still


Working through New Year's resolutions I discover more deferred maintenance than I was expecting. One very obvious flaw that my friends would nod about is my level of sensitivity. Everything hurts my feelings. It all breaks my heart.

My mom was like that.

Odd thing here is that it's one of the few things that I have right. The world should be a kinder, gentler place. What I have to "fix" is my reaction to the hurt. It's not me vs. the rest of the world. Nobody's mean to me. I don't need to toughen up. I need to recognize the gift that I have inherited and use it in a positive way.

My joy and my blues change places so often that they often overlap, bump into each other.

I've known for some time that I'm just getting started with my music. Now I find that this is pretty much the start of actual living, too. I have no intention of "toughening up." I'm just gonna stay over here in the right hand lane of life. Sadness is for songs, not living.



No comments:

Post a Comment